Treatments as unique
as you are
Each of us has different tastes in music, hair colour and favourite way to relax after a long week of work. So why should your health care be any different? Now is the time where the clinic comes to you! Kristin is now providing online Athletic Therapy and Nutrition consulting. Please note, at this time Kristin is not treating in a clinic setting.
Athletic Therapists (ATs) provide patients of all backgrounds, weekend warriors to the professional athletes, the individualized care and guidance needed to effectively return to the work or play in a safe and rapid manner.
ATs employ a sports medicine model of rehabilitation to physical injuries incurred from sports, recreation, accidents, daily activities and occupations. They specialize in assessment and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions, including sprains, strains, overuse injuries, muscular imbalances and joint disorders. Each client is taken through a thorough assessment to pinpoint the cause of the problem and treatment plans are customized to optimize healing time.
We educate you on prevention, maintenance, and therapeutic exercise, helping you maintain the improvements experienced from your rehabilitation program, thereby decreasing the potential for re-injury and chronic conditions.
What we do…
Musculoskeletal Injury Prevention, Assessment & Rehabilitation
Pre- and post-surgical rehabilitation
Concussion management and baseline testing
Bracing and supportive taping
Soft Tissue Release
Sport Specific Training & Conditioning
Event medical coverage
A Certified Culinary Nutrition Expert (CNE) is a unique certification which incorporates both the how-to of cooking and recipe creation with the know-how of eating for healthier living. CNE’s study at the Academy of Culinary Nutrition and posses:
• A thorough understanding of the impact food choices have on health and specific health conditions
• The development of meal plans in accordance with various dietary restrictions
• Recipe creation, modification and testing
• Experience with a client simulation: following a prescribed meal plan for 3-7 days
• Ingredient Exploration Tasks: the selection of specific healing ingredients, experimentation with a variety of applications, and the creation of recipes that exploit health promoting benefits
• Successful hosting of a cooking class /workshop
• Knowledge in and experience with local food community
• The study and development of food philosophy